Composite or tooth bonding is a restorative procedure that involves the direct application of tooth-colored composite resin material and is typically used to create a more attractive smile.
Composite bonding is an excellent way to:
- Repair chipped, decayed, fractured and cracked teeth
- Fix certain cosmetic imperfections of otherwise healthy teeth, such as:
- changing the size and shape of your teeth
- closing spaces between teeth
- straightening misaligned teeth, making your smile more symmetrical
- masking tooth stains and discolorations
Beverly Hills cosmetic dentist Dr. Michael Keselbrener uses only the most advanced, biocompatible composite resin materials available on the market. Dr. Keselbrener works like an artist, coating your tooth layer by layer with carefully selected shades of composite resin material, gradually recreating the life-like appearance and translucency of a natural tooth.
Tooth-colored composite fillings are used to repair teeth that are affected by decay, cracks and fractures as well as to replace silver amalgam fillings.
The restorative procedure applies the same techniques and principles as composite bonding.
Some of the advantages of tooth colored-fillings include:
- Life-like aesthetic appearance
- Preserving your natural tooth structure by sealing and protecting it from further decay
Teeth bonded or filled with composite resin should receive the same meticulous care as your natural teeth, including thorough brushing and flossing and regular professional dental cleanings and check-ups.